Tuesday, March 23, 2010

1040 Ross Rd-Breaking Ground Soon!!!


Driveway

Barn next door

Hill where our house will be

Backyard


Welcome to our blog. We hope you enjoy reading about our journey in building our dream home, as it has been a dream for us both for a long time. My husband Jon will be the foreman of this project, so I have agreed to be the blogger. I grew up in the country, and on this farm. So I have always felt that my roots lay in these grounds. It's a true blessing to be able to give our son the opportunity to experience it too. I have many memories as a blonde-haired little girl counting the cows with my Daddy and Papa, picking bitterweeds, and playing in the sun growing up. Sometimes Jon and I just go and listen to what the country sounds like and try to picture what our house will look like. We can't wait!!

We plan on taking weekly pictures of the construction, especially as things get rollin'. Right now, there is nothing much there but beautiful country side. The land is 10.77 acres and is located on the edge of my Papa's land. The land itself has much history. I have heard the whole area was home to our native Cherokees and the old horse and buggy dirt road to Mckenzie runs thru it. Our land also contains a creek that runs 365 days a year that has been a life source for cattle on my Papa's farm. I imagine my Great-Great Grandmother washed her laundry in this little river many years ago.

We have the plans set in motion. Mr. Ray Glisson will be doing the basement part of our house. Mr. Terry Reeder will be building the top part. So far we have had the septic soil tested, which passed, and we have a 911 address. Thanks to the help of lots of friends and their lumber jacking ablilites, we now can get electricity to our home. We are waiting on the official deed, which we should be getting sometime this week. The first order of business will be setting up a driveway that can withstand heavy machinary, moving lots of earth and trees, and digging our basement.

We hope you come back and check out our progress! Thanks for reading!

The Eatons

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anna,
    You and Jon chose a beautiful site for your dream house! I'm looking forward to seeing it when we're down your way again.
    Love, Doretta

    ReplyDelete