Friday, April 23, 2010

Something to celebrate!!

We are closing on our construction loan today @ 2:00. God has really tested our patience with this phase, as I am sure the testing has just begun. Dealing and waiting on lawyers, appraisers, bankers, and quotes as well as getting the budget just right for the closing has not been very easy. Jon has really impressed me with his ability to pull this together. It's not something that I could deal with. I don't have the skills or the patience. There were several times when we thought that this might not happen. I'm so proud of you Babe!!!

We are SOOOOOO excited because we will finally be able to get started...although the weatherman says to be prepared for a torrential downpour this weekend. Our earth mover guy plans on working mostly on the weekends. :)

Next phase: Earth-moving, driveway and digging the basement. Never underestimate a driveway or the COST of a driveway. Our driveway in particular goes over a creek so 2 culverts are involved.

So no new pictures to show you, but hopefully next week I can post some pictures of our beautiful new......DRIVEWAY. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment