Wednesday, January 19, 2011

99.7% Complete...Moved in and LOVING IT!!!

It has been awhile BUT we have been busy moving into our brand new amazing house! We moved in when we were still finishing up the final touches which probably wasn't the smartest idea. On the brighter side, we moved in before all of the snow and bad weather came. Our very first night in our home was Christmas Eve. It was the best Christmas gift!

My favorite part of the house is the kitchen I think. I love the big open space, the killer backsplash, and of course the dishwasher. Our big bathtub is nice too! I am a bath person, so I have been dreaming about this tub for sometime now. Our basement is going to be nice too. We have a big open place to rehearse and hang out. I love being able to go downstairs to teach a guitar lesson and Harrison have an open place to play. Don't forget the wood-burning fire place.

We are still lacking a garage door and a decent driveway along with a few other things, but it will happen. Many of these things require dryer ground.

Harrison and Sarah both like their rooms. Harrison has only slept in his room all night once, but we are working on that. We had hoped that the Gleason School bus would come pick Sarah up, but they couldn't. Thanks to family and some extra manuevering we have been able to work it out. I took another maternity leave position at Martin Elementary, and their school days start nearly an hour earlier than Gleason.

This process has not been easy by any means, but it was definitely worth it. It has tested our patience and our marriage, but we would do it all over again. Building this house as part of my family's land and farm has been a dream of mine for so long. Thank you Jon for making this come true for me...for us. I wish so much that my Dad were around to see.

Here are some pictures....*ahem* Don't be a hater because we earned it :)

Click here to my facebook...there's too many to put on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment